It's easy with Motability! You choose the car, we do the rest.
Motability is a national charity, set up on the initiative of the Government in 1977, to assist disabled people with their mobility needs. They direct and oversee the Motability Scheme which, enables disabled people to obtain a car, powered wheelchair or scooter simply by using their government-funded mobility allowances.
Motability is the leading car scheme for disabled people. They supply cars to over 460,000 motorists by exchanging their mobility allowance for a car.
If you receive the Higher Rate Mobility Component of the Disability Living Allowance or the War Pensioners' Mobility Supplement, getting a new car is easier and more affordable than ever. Through Motability, you simply turn part or all of your allowance into the car of your choice. Many models come with £Nil advance payment.
No waiting lists. No credit checks. No assessments required.
Contact us for more details.
What we offer
- Information – Our experienced friendly Motability specialists will provide the answers to all your questions, whether it be specifications or model, fuel economy or what will suit your circumstances the best.
- Designated Parking - We currently have designated disabled parking bays right in front of our doors to make accessing our showroom that little bit easier.
- Test Drives - With our demonstrator fleet we have every model available to test drive on site, so please get in touch to book an appointment so the vehicle will be ready and waiting when you arrive.
- Motability Adaptions - Some of our customers require vehicles to be modified; again this is not a problem, let specialist’s deal with your requests. Across Heritage Volkswagen we have several approved company’s we use for our modifications. Please feel free to contact us direct more information on Adaptations.
- Vehicle Delivery – We have designated drivers who are able to deliver your vehicle direct to your doorstep. Please contact Heritage SKODA for more information vehicle deliveries.
Do I qualify?
To qualify you need to be receiving one of the Government-funded mobility allowances listed below.
- The Higher Rate Mobility Component (HRMC) of the Disability Living Allowance (DLA),
- The Enhanced Rate of the Mobility Component (ERMC) of the Personal Independence Payment (PIP),
- The War Pensioners’ Mobility Supplement (WPMS) or,
- The Armed Forces Independence Payment (AFIP).
See the Motability site for full details.
How much does it cost on my allowance?
Depending on the car, it will cost either all or part of your mobility allowance. If you wish to upgrade to a more expensive model that costs more than your allowance, you will need to cover that cost in the form of an advance payment.
How do I apply?
It’s easy to get started. You can request an information pack, or visit the Motability website to check your eligibility and take the first step to choosing your car.
Can I join the scheme if I'm over 65?
Yes – if you receive the HRMC (Higher Rate Mobility Component) of the DLA (Disability Living Allowance) or the WPMS (War Pensioners’ Mobility Supplement), and have 12 months or more remaining on your allowance, then you are eligible to join the scheme and can choose your car today!
How can I adapt my car?
There are a number of adaptions to help improve your driving experience:
- Driving adaptions, including pedal modifications and electric controls.
- Stowage adaptions, which include rooftop stowage and car boot hoists.
- Access adaptions to help you get in and out of your car, including swivel seats and electric hoists.
All ŠKODA cars can be adapted to suit you. Contact your local Motability specialist retailer today for details.
Will I get my advance payment back?
We’re afraid not – the advanced payment isn’t a deposit. It is the amount paid to ŠKODA either before or on the day you collect your car. It is a one off, non-refundable payment.
How long will it take for my car to arrive?
Delivery times vary depending on the model, so stay in touch with the team at Motability who will keep you updated of any delays.